Why is Data Collection Important?
Adding a weight sensor to your vessel is only the start of the system, collecting and analyzing the data that is provided by the sensor, through a controller, is what really begins to provide valuable information for dry bulk inventory management.
Inventory management is critical; maximizing the reliability and consistency of inventory measurement through the manufacturing process is key to:
- Optimizing supply chain planning
- Accurately measuring process yields and direct materials costs
- Optimizing working capital
- Improving accuracy of financial reporting
- Confirming quantities of material received
- Identifying inventory losses
The ORB System is a gateway between process instruments and the departments that need the information. It can be configured to show tank shape, capacity and contents; alarms can be programmed to create notifications when certain criteria are met, and reports can be generated to consistently provide data.
Click here to see a demo of the ORB. (User name and password: Demo)